METHODS ENGINEER F/H
ETF is looking for a methods engineer to join the HS2 project.
The company. ETF, a subsidiary of Eurovia (VINCI Group), is a leader in railway works worldwide. The company specialises in the installation and maintenance of fixed railway installations on national rail networks, urban transport networks and industrial sidings.
The project. High Speed 2 (HS2) is a high-speed line project that will link London to the north of England. The project, which is currently being studied, consists of track and catenary lots.
This rail project, the largest in Europe today, is intended to open the central and northern regions of England.
The job: During the tender phase, the main tasks of the methods engineer are :
- To define the construction methods;
- Participate in the phase development ;
- Compare different methods and have a critical analysis of the different solutions;
- To study the operating methods;
- Define the cadencies;
- Sizing the teams (human resources and equipment needed to carry out the work);
- Give the necessary directives to the designers in accordance with the results of the calculations and the methods of execution;
- Understand and manage the constraints specific to the project;
- Check and approve the plans and technical documents and methods;
- Apply and monitor the application of the provisions of the quality system.
Position based in London (for 18 months).
You are :
Graduate of an engineering school
Recognized for your curiosity and ability to work in a team environment
Strength of proposal
Interested in the world of railways
You have :
A first successful experience in a similar position of at least 8 years
Good interpersonal skills